Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Samsung WF306LAW/XAC nd error??  (Read 3403 times)

Offline charlie v

• VIP Member
Samsung WF306LAW/XAC nd error??
« on: April 18, 2014, 03:00:46 PM »

Went through the online info I could find.....

Ensured drain lines were clear.  Bench tested the existing pump - worked but noisy.  Reinstalled and nd error again.

Replaced pump with new.  Ran a short cycle and seemed to work.  When I washed a load it came back with an nd error when it hit the rinse part of the cycle after the water pumped out of the washer - could hear it draining.

Double checked everything and all seemed OK. 

Found if I manually drained the waste water in the drain lines machine will startup but quits when at the rinse cycle.  Didn't touch the machine and after some 10 to 15 minutes the nd error flashes up again.  Also noticed - the machine is very slow "to think" as it starts up or goes to the next step in the cycle.

Does this point to the main control panel as the problem??  Not really interested in throwing more parts into it unless this is the correct next repair step.   

Can't seem to find any information online.   

Many thanks for your help.

Offline domain

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Samsung WF306LAW/XAC nd error??
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 05:24:16 PM »
If your main pcb is located behind the front display, and it is a few years old, i would suspect failing drain relay.   O0

Offline charlie v

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 05:40:40 PM »
Thanks for the feedback.  I believe the machine is a 2006.  The drain relay is located where??
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 05:41:30 PM by charlie v »

Offline domain

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 09:33:25 AM »
Behind display/control panel. After further inspection I would suspect the main pcb. You be the judge O0 O0

Offline charlie v

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 06:05:56 PM »
Well, I threw in the towel...........just purchased a new washer. 

Here in Canada, the parts are far too $ to just throw more parts at the machine without correct diagnostics.  Coupled with a service call, it is almost 50% of the cost of a like replacement Home Depot had at 30% off sale.  Compounding the whole thing, the main panel is a special order and there is a 2 to 3 week delivery.  Ordering through the US is at least 1 week for delivery.  LOL - I need clean underwear and socks before then. 

So - I said screw it and ordered a new machine.

Thanks for the help though.   

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 06:52:02 PM »
Yes, sometimes it just does not pay to repair. Care to share with us what washer you decided to purchase and why, top load, front load?

Thanks,

Offline charlie v

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 09:24:03 PM »
Sure....

The old Samsung was always good to us.  It did a fair job at washing and was well used over the years.  Just seems like it decided to crap the bed this weekend and the repair cost was too much to justify going the repair route. 

Decided to go with a comparable Samsung front load.  Model wf364bvbgwr.  Looked at Consumer Reports - Samsung got an A rating; down from the A+ Maytag, Electrolux and Kenmore received.  And, the price difference was really significant with the sale Home Depot offered.  Not sure if this is just a Home Depot thing, but the Samsung also comes with a 10 year direct drive motor warranty.  All the others are just 1 year.

So - we are Samsung washer people again.   

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 09:37:36 PM »
Sounds good, I'm sure it will server you well for many years.
Thanks for sharing.

Offline domain

• Technician
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2014, 09:39:46 PM »
Samsung loyalty. My man!  O0