Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: water left in detergent drawer. front loader  (Read 2667 times)

Offline domain

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
water left in detergent drawer. front loader
« on: March 29, 2014, 09:03:42 AM »

I ask that every tech chimes in! What is your honest opinion why water does not siphon out of the cup on some and I mean some front loaders. Age does not seem to matter. Please and thanks.  :rofl: :thanks:

Offline Patricio

• Technician
  • Tight Lines
Re: water left in detergent drawer. front loader
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 06:41:17 PM »
That's a great question,  I have cleaned the ports & some would siphon again & others will not.   I had a Duet whose softener would not siphon during cycle, but when I dumped a cup of water in it the water sucked right down.
Great Old Fashion Hometown Service

Offline LowSL2

• Technician
  • My cuss. A LOT.
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 06:59:22 PM »
It's a mystery to me. I've gone as far as to replace entire dispenser drawer assemblies and combo valves. Sometimes it works.  But I tend to have recurring issue on LG front loaders.
LowSL2
18+ Years of Professional Appliance Repair Experience
Former $ears/a$e tech

Offline Select Appliance

• Technician
    • Select Appliance
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 02:38:46 PM »
i have seen this happen before.  The only thing I can think of is that when the part (actual dispenser or whole dispenser sleeve) was manufactured it was done incorrectly.  I recently had one machine with this issue.  I just swapped the whole dispenser with another and it was fine.  I put the dispenser on a different machine, same issue occured.

http://www.selectappliance.com

Offline domain

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 10:01:21 PM »
Ah very interesting. Eventually it comes down to replacing the housing. Good info select and welcome.  O0

Offline nolazach

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 12:17:44 AM »
It's a mystery to me. I've gone as far as to replace entire dispenser drawer assemblies and combo valves. Sometimes it works.  But I tend to have recurring issue on LG front loaders.

My personal LG washer in my house does this. I got it for free (well had to change the pump) and it has always done this.  I just empty it each time, but didn't realize it was abnormal.  What causes it?

Offline domain

• Technician
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 07:30:59 PM »
I strongly believe the water pressure has the MOST influence on such an issue.... I really wish they had flow washers in these!! :tickedoff: :tickedoff: