Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   AppliancePartsPros 

Author Topic: Whirlpool Duet Washer WFW9550WW00; INTERMITTENT SHUTDOWN NO CODES  (Read 843 times)

Offline Doctor All-Star

• Technician

Well, good morning folks (and AJ). I've working on a Whirlpool Duet washer model # WFW9550WW00, and this thing is giving me a bit of a fit! It randomly shuts down & flashes panel lights. It may happen 1 minute into the cycle,  or it may wait till 8 to 12 mins before the end of the cycle.  Then again,  it may also go a week or 2 at a time working flawlessly.  No codes, and it always makes it thru the diagnostic routine without a problem.   They were just starting to get an F21 & when I felt the impeller had too much play when turning it with my pinky , so I changed the pump & no more F21.  I've pulled every wire connection off checking for something loose somewhere, but so far to no avail. Just curious if the door lock could be the culprit? I've seen it happen in the earlier generations of duet washers where the little wax motor in the lock assembly was weak or the communication part (or internal contacts) of the lock was going out and would test good, but as soon as a running amp load was put to the lock assembly, it seemed to randomly fail till replaced. I've also seen it be the MCU as well as the UCI, and once I ran across one that had a short/broken wire under a securing wire tie. Any ideas other than just "parts changing"? And could anyone by chance provide me with the repair manual?  Thanks for any and all help!
They don't make em like they used to....People either!

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair

Offline hawkeyenation

• Technician
Re: Whirlpool Duet Washer WFW9550WW00; INTERMITTENT SHUTDOWN NO CODES
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 08:44:57 PM »
What lights on UI flash?

Whirlpool Duet Washer Error Codes

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 32433
Last post September 13, 2008, 10:38:25 PM
by AJ
WHIRLPOOL DUET WASHER ERROR CODES

Started by IPSONDN1

Replies: 3
Views: 12959
Last post December 12, 2008, 12:48:37 PM
by IPSONDN1
Whirlpool Duet Front Loading Automatic Washer Fault Codes

Started by AJ

Views: 11134
Last post December 15, 2011, 01:48:38 PM
by AJ
whirlpool duet f/l washer error codes

Started by gregaguilar

Replies: 2
Views: 2702
Last post May 11, 2014, 05:40:00 PM
by gregaguilar
Photos: Whirlpool Duet washer with bad bearings, only 2.5 years old!

Started by AJ

Replies: 21
Views: 45932
Last post May 23, 2013, 08:22:19 PM
by Rick32k
Video: Whirlpool Duet Front Load Washer Water Pump Clean Out.

Started by AJ

Views: 11172
Last post November 28, 2007, 09:58:47 PM
by AJ