Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool WFW95HEXW Cycle Selector Dial Problems  (Read 1869 times)

Offline briccman

• VIP Member
Whirlpool WFW95HEXW Cycle Selector Dial Problems
« on: February 23, 2014, 09:10:02 AM »

I recently moved and now the cycle selector dial on my Whirlpool WFW95HEXW doesn't match the cycle selection lights.  As I rotate the dial the lights and settings to change but not to what they should be.  It seems that only the Heavy Duty and Delicate lights are illuminated and the cycle settings don't seem to match either the selection or the light.

If anyone knows how to fix or troubleshoot this issue, I would greatly appreciate the advice. 

Thanks!

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
Re: Whirlpool WFW95HEXW Cycle Selector Dial Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 05:30:49 PM »
Hi,

Did you ever get it figured out or are you still looking for help?

Offline briccman

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 07:08:23 PM »
I'm still looking for help if anyone knows how to either reset the unit or determine which parts need to be replaced.  I've been searching online for the service manual, but haven't found it.  My next move was to pull the top off and see if I can make any more sense of it.

That said, my wife has made peace with the new "functionality" she has determined that two of the cycles that align will allow her to do what needs to be done by manually adjusting the cycle characteristics.  Not ideal, but it works until I can get it fixed.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 07:15:37 PM »
Most likely the electronic control itself, part # W10444479.
This is the electronic board that the knob and lights are attached to.

If you order it from the part number link I posted above and it does not fix it you can simply return it.