Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Streamlight Stylus Pro LED Pen Flashlight  (Read 16973 times)

Offline RAH52

• Technician
Re: Streamlight Stylus Pro LED Pen Flashlight
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2016, 08:03:06 PM »

Got one of those too ,awesome light !

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2016, 08:51:24 PM »
Here I thought Big Larry was a nick name for your flashlight, but no it really is called Big Larry haha...
Not sure if it was a Big Larry or not, but it was that style I seen a few months back at a electrical supply place I was at. I was shocked how bright it was and just about bought one.
After seeing cheaper versions in the hardware stores I decided next time I get back to the electrical supply place I would pick one up, but next time I got there they where all gone. :(

I may have to try one of these Big Larry one's. I do have a "Tool Box" light that uses the same rechargeable as my drill, but it's still not a flood type light like the Big Larry seems to be.
http://amzn.to/2cYZtfH

Even with having a bigger light in my tool bag I still find it very handy to have a nice pen light in my shirt pocket.

Offline Larry the applia

• Technician
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2016, 09:10:16 PM »
yea can never have enough lights lol
Larry Johnson
Shannons Appliance repair
Clarksburg, WV

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2016, 09:13:53 PM »
So I see they make a Lil Larry too and it has a pocket clip. :)
http://amzn.to/2dn2IAA

That just maybe the one I remember seeing a few months ago at the electrical supply place.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2016, 10:01:49 PM »
Was checking out the lil larry online again and just learned that you can unscrew the bottom part of the body to change it from a flashlight light that runs on 3x aaa batteries to one that runs on 2x aa batteries making it much more pocket friendly. :)

Also found them post these specs in a comment to one of their youtube videos.

One cool tip on the LiL Larry, the bottom half can be removed from the main body to make the light even more compact.

The runtimes are as follow:

In normal configuration
3AAA HIGH MODE - 250 Lumens for 3 hours
3AAA LOW MODE - 95 Lumens for 8 hours
3AAA RED STROBE - 5 hours

In compact configuration
2AAA HIGH MODE - 100 Lumens for 2 hours
2AAA LOW MODE - 27 Lumens for 6.5 hours
2AAA RED STROBE - 4 hours

The second video down on their webesite at this URL shows them changing in from a 3x aaa to 2x aaa.
https://www.nebotools.com/prod_details.php?id=403

How can I resist trying one now, haha...

Offline olyteddy

• Technician
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2017, 10:43:07 PM »
Had an "extra" Amazon Gift Card laying around and got one of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G1QJNYU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Probably not 800 Lumen but Hella-Bright anyway! I use unprotected Li-Ion batteries but it can also run on a single AA.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2017, 06:46:18 AM »
Looks nice. I may have to try one of them.

Offline Larry the applia

• Technician
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2017, 09:43:11 AM »
AJ did you try the little larry flashlight yet? I love mine the area it illuminates and the magnet on the bottom is great. Had a customer show me small versions he got that are promo items with his church on them. Thought they would be great items to hand out evryone is impressed with mine.
Larry Johnson
Shannons Appliance repair
Clarksburg, WV

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator

Offline andyf80

• Technician
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2017, 04:07:59 PM »
I own 2 of these:
Flexable Streamlight

Both that i've owned have ended up losing the black plastic covering over the flexable portion. The toughest part about owning this flashlight is remembering to take it off the appliance once you've finished working.  I can't count the number of times i've had to turn around and go fetch it, nearly leave it, or straight leave it inside a dryer.  My first light got buttoned up in a Samsung dryer, remembered it after reassembly and said "screw it".  The same customer called me back 2 years later for the same dryer and I retrieved it then.  Swapped the batteries and good to go!

Both flashlights suffer from the same difficulty of the flexable portion splitting apart from the flashlight portion.  You must position the light just right in order for it to work, which is a bit annoying. Also, i've had to send one of them back due to a non-switch related issue.  Light just wouldn't work, but customer service replaced it with little difficulty.

While I think it's one of the best flexable magnet lights i've seen & love the design....Both of mine did not seem to hold up well.