Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: LSR8233JQ0 Whirlpool Washer, Name This Part  (Read 1842 times)

Offline pjgreek

• VIP Member
LSR8233JQ0 Whirlpool Washer, Name This Part
« on: November 12, 2013, 08:50:08 PM »

I was replacing the clutch on my Whirlpool washer and when I went to tip the washer back up, this part fell out.  I know the picture is awful so I'll try to describe...it looks like a bronze colored nail with a flat side to the shank (the cross section of the shank is D shaped), the pottom of the shank has a small hole (for a cotter pin maybe??), 2" long, 1/4" dia and the portion of the shank near the head has impact marks.  I looks like this part reacts some type of shear load.  Any idea where it came from?  Thanks in advance.

Offline Jdm

• Technician
Re: LSR8233JQ0 Whirlpool Washer, Name This Part
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 08:53:47 PM »
Shipping pins. Used to keep tub from moving during shipment. Attached to a yellow strap on the cord. Then you would pull strap it would then pull the clips out then the pins would fall into the plastic holders. You can just throw them away or use it to hang a picture.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 08:59:36 PM by Jdm »
It's not the legacy you leave, it's the lives you impact

Offline pjgreek

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 08:59:54 PM »
Thank you, thank you, a 100 times thank you!

Offline Jdm

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 09:02:41 PM »
No problem. I know the feeling when u think "o know where does this go & what did I do"
It's not the legacy you leave, it's the lives you impact