We just bought a new house and a new dryer ( LG DLE2250W ). We used the dryer several times before there was a fire due the previous owners of the house having not cleaned the vent in a while, if ever. Now the dyer does not heat.
I checked the thermal fuse, high limit thermostat, and heating element with a multimeter on the 20 ohm setting and got the following results:
thermal fuse and high limit thermostat: 0.3
heating element: 40
I'm no electrical engineer, but I think this means that all three parts are OK. So, assuming that I did check the three parts correctly and they are all OK, what else could be wrong?
Thanks for any help in advance.