Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Maytag Load Sensitive Washing Machine MVWC5ESXW0  (Read 1614 times)

Offline gijane

• VIP Member
Maytag Load Sensitive Washing Machine MVWC5ESXW0
« on: July 03, 2013, 11:15:21 PM »

My maytag washer is load sensitive.  Yesterday, it quit filling or agitating; however, it will spin and drain.   I changed the inlet valve today, but it still will not fill or agitate.  What could possible be the reason.  I don't want to keep buying parts I may not need and the local repair shop is quite expensive just for one visit and they really aren't that great.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Offline fairbank56

• Technician
Re: Maytag Load Sensitive Washing Machine MVWC5ESXW0
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 08:10:35 AM »

Open the control panel and on the back of the temp switch, unplug the pressure hose and the two wire harness connectors. Blow into the hose to make sure it's clear. Plug everything back in and try it again. If it doesn't work, replace the switch. It is a very high failure item on these washers.

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/whirlpool-temperature-switch-w10248240-ap4459660.html

Eric