Alright so I will try and get you all as much information as possible. I have been pretty thorough in tearing this machine apart and can't for the life of me figure it out. Here is the model specification again:
Kenmore 110.28622700 Top Load Washing Machine
- Runs all cycles besides spin
- Replaced clutch assembly
- Checked for proper hamper spin with manual brake disengagement when the motor/transmission was out
- Checked for proper hamper spin after replacement clutch/ old trans/motor assembly installed by hand
- Checked motor couplers for cracks. This model has the newer couplers with metal inserts for the motor/trans drive
- Pump functions fine in all cycles. Water levels appropriate when filling. Fills for both wash and rinse cycles. Pumps all water out at end of rinse cycle.
- Agitates (or did) when reassembled fully. Dogs/pawls look to be clean. The teeth engage solidly by hand in the agitator.
- Replaced the timer assembly in case the motor was not being allowed to pause and reverse (maybe some other electronic I am overlooking?)
So the motor runs when set to spin. It just doesn't seem to turn the clutch to disengage the brake to spin the tub. Is it something in the transmission gone bad? It almost has to be, but I don't know what it could be.
Any advice or help with things I have overlooked would be great. I am stumped.