i checked heater resistance last night - it reads 28.63 ohm - i figure that's pretty good
after further thinking i surmised the TStat settings would be as suggested by Perry
, but have not fully disconnected TStat to check it
quintuple clicking the door switch irregularly clicks the relay in ADC, and compressor continues to run
SO, with tgoods
info in mind i ordered an ADC IV last night off ebay (< $47 new, shipped)
i plan to follow this process (found on appliancepartspros.com
) when installing:
To Install the ADC IV and wiring harness:
1. Turn the freezer and the food compartment control to the off position Disconnect product from electrical supply.
2. Remove control box from top of food compartment by removing the 3 screws from the front of the control box. If the product has a front water filter in the right side of the control box, remove the cover over the water lines by removing 1 screw at the back of the cover. With the cover off there is 1 additional screw in the control box located behind the filter see note 1.
NOTE1: The water lines run from the back of the product on the right side to the back of the water filter housing. The screw you must remove is between the water lines at the back of the filter housing. Remove a screw at the back of the left section of the control box behind the damper air outlet. Remove the one remaining screw at the front of the left section of the control box. Disconnect the wiring harness connector at the top of the food compartment liner. Carefully pull the control box to the right until the freezer control cap tube comes out of the pilot hole under the air opening in the liner. Remove the control box from inside the product
3. Remove the old ADC by removing the 2 screws going through the left side section of the control box into the ADC and discard the old ADC.
4. Install ADC IV (Orange ADC supplied with kit) in same location as the old ADC. If the wire harness connector in the control box will connect to the ADC IV in the kit and the damper in the control box only has one switch you already have the latest wiring harness. You will not need to install the harness in the kit or make any changes to the switch on the damper. Proceed to NOTE 4 and step 7.
5. Remove the control box wiring harness.
6. Install the new control box wiring harness. When replacing ADC I and ADC II with an ADC IV you will only use one of the two switches on the damper. The switch next to the EPS foam block will be connected to the new control box wiring harness. The switch next to the motor is not used with an ADC IV.
NOTE 3: The damper used with ADC I and ADC II had two switches connected to the ADC. The ADC III and ADC IV only has one switch on the damper
NOTE 4: The Wiring harness in the kit has a connector for the fast ice/fast freeze heater installed on the freezer control bulb. If the product you are servicing does not have a heater on the control bulb place the unused connector under the damper motor to keep it out of the way when you reinstall the control box.
7. Reinstall control box by first inserting the freezer control cap tube back in the pilot hole under the air outlet. Plug the control box back into the connector in the top of the food compartment liner. Reinstall the long screw behind the damper, push up on the control box and install the center screw in the front section of the control box. Now install the remaining screws in the control box including the screw between the water lines if the product has a front water filter.
8. Reconnect the product to electrical supply. Turn the food compartment control on make sure the damper will open all the way and the evaporator fan motor will run, turn the control back to Off and make sure the damper is closing all the way and the fan will shut off. Now turn the freezer control on and make sure the compressor, condenser fan motor and the evaporator fan motor are running. Place your hand in front of the damper and make sure no air is leaking around or through the damper. Now turn the food compartment control back on.