Well, here we go again… my Maytag Washer MAH4000AWW is acting up again!!!
About a year ago got the wax motor and fixed the burnt out control board (and it’s been working for a year without any issues).
Now it won’t wash... runs, fills up with water however when it’s supposed to kick into the wash mode (once filled with water) a LOUD ALMOST GRINDING SOUND can be heard for about a minute at which time the drum is still rotating and seems to be running normally. Once this sound stops the washer starts draining as if the wash cycle is over and it drains the water and spins out and finished the wash with the usual beeps of completion at the end.
- It runs (lights are working both ‘ON’ and ’DOOR LOCKED’ LIGHTS are on)
- Fill up with water
- Once it’s filled up with water and the motor runs and rotates the drum during the fill cycle
- At this stage when it stops filling with water and should start to run the wash part .. LOUD SOUND STARTS for about 30-60sec or so and the loud grinding sound can be heard until it stops
- Once Grinding Sound stops… Washer seems to go to end of cycle mode where it drains and spins out the washer (NORMAL and HIGH SPEED SPIN works with NO GRINIDING and DRUM Spins), so it runs for about 60 seconds
and that's it and it drains usually it should wash for at least 20+ minutes
correction noise would last for about 60 sec and knowing what I know the recirculation pump runs only for a little bit which is when the noise was being created
-When you open the washer the load is spun out as expected and ready for dryer
NOTE: when I say wash cycle I mean the part where the water is filled and the washer runs and tumbles for 20+ minutes when it's washing. All other parts of the wash cycle the filling, draining and spinning runs the normal length of time
- Everything in the back looks fine
- I’ve pushed plugs in and everything
- Checked the belt and took it off looks fine as it would be as per the ‘Washer Process’ above as it runs fine except that wash mode
- I use ‘HE’ detergent and never had suds problems
So… HELP PLEASE
I’m thinking maybe something with the pump? But I’m not sure and that’s why I’m asking. I’ve read the forums and still can’t pinpoint the issue from reading them.
Oh No… I see my wife coming… run run ;-) just kidding she’s cool but would be good to get this fixed so I don’t need to buy a new washer.