Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: LG dryer won't stop running  (Read 65263 times)

Offline Stormcrew

• VIP Member
Re: LG dryer won't stop running
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2017, 11:29:29 PM »

Im haveing the same issue with my lg dryer. Runs just fine. Heats up. But the drum wont stop running while the timmer and power is off. I have to unplug it so it stops. Model number DLE1101W

Offline JimKen

• VIP Member
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2017, 12:47:30 AM »
I have exact problem described above with an LGDLEX8000W. The dryer wouldn't stop running.  The first time it happened we did a hard reset of the control board and it fixed the problem for a week.  Then it happened again and there was no fix.   LG support indicated it was control board.  I asked them for the specific number and after sometime the guy came back with EBR74879901 which appears to be the PCB Assembly Display.  However, several other sites indicate I should replace the EBR7362905, PCB Assembly Main.  The display seems perfectly fine, so I am leaning toward going with the "main PCB"  Any advice would be really appreciated.

Offline msg

• VIP Member
« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2017, 01:24:59 PM »
Same problem here.  Model is LG DLEX2801W.  I have taken off the top.  I see all of the wires behind the display so I assume this is the PCB assembly.display.  And from what I'm reading I need the PCB assembly.main.  WHERE IS THE MAIN ASSEMBLY?  I can't find any info on how to locate this part.  I've seen pictures of it, but I can't order or replace it without knowing where it is!  It's not the same as the board behind the controls, right?  Help!

Offline MarciaBeth

• VIP Member
« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2018, 10:39:49 AM »
I'm so frustrated, but glad I have found other people with the same issue as me.  My dryer model is LG DLE4870W.  It dries fine, but will only shut off if I open the door.  If I shut the door, it starts running again.  UGH!! I called LG and was told it was something to do with the assembly? I'm supposed to call an LG technician tomorrow to set up an appointment to come fix it, but didn't know if there was an easier way, and less expensive, way to fix this issue on our own??