Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Maytag drum rollers  (Read 331 times)

Offline mdniswan50

• VIP Member
Maytag drum rollers
« on: December 30, 2017, 12:18:39 PM »

Model SDE4000AYW .I had set of rollers for it noticed, my rollers are wider than these.I change out and also change shaft out.The question will change the way drum rotates?

Offline MajorApp

• Technician
Re: Maytag drum rollers
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 09:42:22 PM »
No. As long as you bought the rollers for that model the drum will rotate the way it should. I believe they changed the replacement rollers for some maytag dryers.

Offline Thorning

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 07:19:16 AM »
Should not make any significant difference to the drum rotation If they are  same diameter Also suggest you check the drum surface where the rollers contact it. If the surface is in bad shape for whatever reason be sure to clean it  before you reassemble. Also check the glides at the front cover to make sure they are still present and not worn away. These support the drum at the front end.

Offline mdniswan50

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 08:24:51 AM »
This model had rollers in front and back.

Offline Thorning

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 09:07:21 AM »
I did not recall any of the Maytag units having rollers in the front but the same conditions apply. If you are reusing a set of rollers I usually take them off shafts, clean the shaft and roller bearing surface, lube them slightly with hi temp grease,  and switch the LH to the RH side as some tend to wear the shaft and roller bearing slightly more on one side than the other. When you take the roller off be sure to put them back on the shaft in the same orientation.